Friday, October 16, 2009

Halloween memories

Halloween has always been a fun time of year for me. I especially cherish my memories of Halloween as a child in Eagar AZ. I loved the smell of fresh pressed apples lingering in the crisp air. I love that our house was/is always decked out in holiday spirit: flashing skeleton lights, huge spider webs, the pumpkin cans and mummy bears. Mom always made Halloween fun. She or Dad would take us kids out to go trick-or-treating. We'd all pile in and out of our 1989 Toyota corolla Our costumes were for the most part homemade and had to be warm to fight the cold air of Eagar nights in October. I will never forget Chads mummy costume and that Kari was ALWAYS a Witch. When we were small each of us wore the lil' pumpkin costume (above). I remember some spooky full moons with the clouds hovering near casting eerie shadows on the fallen fall leaves and brown grass. I've never seen that anywhere else. I remember after an evening of door to door candy hoarding, Bret and I would dump all of our candy out on the floor and separate it all into categories and trade for our favorites. Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Lisa,
Your SO CUTE! I love all the Halloween memories you have. Your mom is AWESOME! I sure love her.

Anonymous said...

I use to run around with you at that age-good times!

Lindsey said...

I have 2 questions for you:

1. What is that thing in the first picture? It looks like a tree trunk with pots and pans as a head, holding a pumpkin on a pizza stone.

2. Is it a kid in costume? Because that would be awesome.

Leslie said...

Hey Lisa! I have been following your blog and your family blog off of Megan's blog. I don't know if you remember me, but we went to SUU together. I just wanted to tell you that I am so excited that you got married and that everything is going so good for you!