Sunday, March 27, 2011

BORING

My blog is beyond boring and I'm not sure what to do about it. I typically only blog when I have cute pictures to go along with a fun activity which doesn't happen all the time. I'm not much of a lay-all-my-thoughts, feeling and emotions-out-on-the-world-wide-web type of girl. I tend to keep those things private for the most part.... and I guess that can be rather boring. I certainly am sick of looking at my blog. boring. I do not know how people make there blogs so cute, with the cool  custom graphics, fonts, photo stuff etc. I am clueless when it comes to that. You would think I would know by now considering I have been blogging (on my family's blog) since 2005. but I don't. I am not a unique story teller, nor do I have creative phrasing or cleaver verbiage. Not that people care all that much, but it certainly makes blogs more interesting to look at. My blog needs a pick-me-up. I kinda want to just start over. boo for boring blogs.  that's all.

any suggestions or help?

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Lisa, I've decided that I blog for Me! I like keeping track of what I consider to be 'our family history'- just the normal every day things that we do as a family. If people think that's boring, oh well. Just so you know, your blog is NOT boring, and you are very creative and clever in your blog posts. I'm always interested in what you blog about!

Brenden+Nikki said...

I read EVERY post you put up! And I don't think you're boring at all. I'm with your friend Shelley - blog about whatever you want to. We blog for the same reason (we make them into books at the end of every year on blurb.com and consider it part of our family history!). Believe me...you'll love looking back in 5 years and reading about even the most mundane things you guys did. You'll be like..."hey honey - look what we did for a date night 5 years ago." Look at my blog archives in 2007....I blogged about when Brenden and I had to eat KFC mashed potatoes through a straw in a dark park on one of our dates. ha ha probably not interesting to anyone else but good memories for us!! :).

Kari said...

If you are talking about the layout of your blog, then go to shappyblogs.com and they have tutorials on how you can add custom banners at the top and what not. I just learned how to do that and it is really easy.

I totally agree- I blog for me and for our family history. Maybe you think it's boring, but I'm sure your kids will like reading about those little things one day. Wouldn't you have thought it was fun to read a blog if mom and dad had one before we were born? Anyways, who am I to say though- I blog about weird stuff like vases and glass jars:) Like I said, it's for me to remember, but if people want to read it and comment, that's fine! If not, I'll keep doing it for me! It's a lot cheaper and less time-consuming than scrapbooking too. I enjoy reading your blog, especially since we are so far away from each other. It makes the distance seem a little less. In fact, I wish you'd blog more! Love you sister!

Josh and Megan said...

your blog is NOT boring! I'm going to find you one of those 30 day challenges...where you have to blog something new about yourself every day for 30 days. That will make you think of new things to write about and a great way for people(your kids) to get to know you better. I LOVE your blog! Did you ever come to UT for that wedding a couple of weeks ago? I forgot all about that and never heard from you!

Remove said...

I like your blog. It's not boring at all! Keep them coming! =)