Sunday, September 25, 2011

Latest and Greatest

A sneak peek of my house projects before the final product

I have spent a lot of my summer well, working, but also doing house projects.  I have discovered that house projects are never ending. At least for me. There is always something I want to do. SO, so far this is what I have done to my house (with some tips from my gf Melissa): Changed wall color (yes again), hung drapes, removed jute rug -which I was allergic to-, new lamps, new pillows, mirror, dug deep into my creative side and painted and hung a wall collage- that was a challenge. I am still lacking: some wall decor, a rug, end tables/coffee table, lamp on the other side of couch, lighting in living room (I hate that brown fan, its gotta go), and I would love to do a tile back splash in the kitchen, but can't decide if I am brave enough to tackle that on my own yet. I am also going to repaint the table a crisp white and reupholster the chairs. I am still not sure what to do with the entry way either. If I had my way 100% the tuscan brown leather couches would be out too, but Barry is insistent on keeping them. (it's all a work in progress) I just don't have enough consecutive days off to get it all done, but I'm working on it slowly.  I am loving the changes so far! Do you love it?

Painting this 20 foot wall in the stair well was tough!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Ohhh I do love it! The wall art looks amazing- well done! Can't wait to see the final reveal... Good luck finishing it! I am the same way- there is always more I want to do and nothing is ever finished lol

Shelley said...

WOW!! I thought it was darling before, but now it really Pops!! It looks like you got inspired from your wedding photo, with that splash of turquoise! Love it! Lots of work to re-decorate, I know as I'm working on the basement bed & bath!! You are very talented sweetie!!

emily said...

LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE what you've done!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

This looks straight out of a magazine!! I love this!

Tori said...

Your place is adorable!! I love everything about it!

Kennedy said...

when i get another home. you are going to be my interior decorator! love the new changes. wish i could see them in person. miss your guts. hugs all around. :)

Josh and Tara Wilkey said...

You can come and decorate my house anytime- so beautiful! Everything looks perfect...