Thursday, January 28, 2010

BLOG FOG

I'm experiencing some thick blog fog folks. I have just been at a loss for anything exciting to post. I don't have kids to brag about and I sometimes feel silly always blogging about my home improvement projects and well, Barry and I haven't had any DRAMATIC news to announce. I have managed to stay out of car trouble, four-wheeling accidents, hospitals and such.

So here's the boring truth: Currently I am jobless. frustrating. Not that I haven't been working at all. I HAVE. I have been temping since I graduated in May which has given me some good experience, but nothing permanent nor reliable. I have done my best to search out a job. I have spent hours online and door to door answering ads. I get rays of sunlight with interviews that wind up being some crazy dentist office that has a horrible idea of what a good office should be. BUT---I just had an AWESOME interview TODAY in Scottsdale Az. The best most promising interview I have had yet. AND I have two working interviews lined up for WED and THRS of next week. So PLEASE say a little prayer that I can impress them and do well so I can finally land a JOB!! So thats work.

In church Barry and I got called in September to be nursery leaders. UGH. I am struggling with this calling. We were BRAND new to the ward, just married, didn't know anyone and got called to a calling where you interact with 18mo old kids who don't talk. I feel totally out of the ward. I don't know anyone. We pray every night for a change of heart (yes Barry struggles too, not just me). The church is still true though. wink wink. It would just be nice to have the chance to make some new friends. I know, I know, it is a important calling and gives others the opportunity to enjoy the other meetings. I know. OHHHH I just found out that our ward is being SPLIT this coming Sunday so we might actually be changed out of our calling anyways. Also for new years goals Barry and I have been working on our spirituality. We have been doing really well at scripture study, prayer, temple attendance, family night and Barry has even been great with journal writing. So proud of him. YAY!! We still are working on food storage. We need to do more. DAD HELP US.

We are happily married. We have learned good lessons about marriage. Barry stresses out about me. I know he does. But he loves me as I am. I have pretty high expectations for him/us. bless his heart for putting up with me. We still have a lot to learn about being better husband and wife for each other. I sure love him. Barry works hard to provide for us. He is doing GREAT. His insurance agency is doing well and he has lots of plans for the future. Barry has been hitting the GYM almost everyday!! HOOT HOOT! He is such s stud. His knee bothers him a lot but he has been very diligent. Barry has also been a trooper with wearing his braces. Yes, my 28 yr old husband is wearing braces. His teeth are looking so good!!

and there is our life for now.

7 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

I actually LOVE reading about your home improvement stories! It's exciting to see how you're sprucing things up! Good luck on the job interviews. They'd be crazy not to hire you!

Bret said...

We'll be praying for you Sis- Loved the update.

Heather said...

So I am kind of a blog stalker...This is Heather Blackham, btw. Just wanted you to know you are not alone in your issues with the ward. We have been here well over a year and still don't feel a part of it - and we're not in nursery! Maybe that's not so comforting, but I am excited about the split. I think good things will happen! Good luck with your interviews!

Shelley said...

Leave it to me to think that you were posting about fog! There has been so much fog here in Eagar the last couple of days, that when I read about 'fog blog' I assumed that you were also experiencing 'fog' real, 'fog'! Silly me!! Its always nice to read what you and Bar have been doing. Miss ya, love ya!

Unknown said...

lotsa prayers on the job front for you-i am not looking forward to that at all! but good for you for temping-i bet that's really hard to do!

and oh man i do not envy your nursery callings. i have been volunterring in ours the last few sundays and it is SO hard! I secretly hate when people say stuff like 'birth control for the newly married'. this is one "tradition" in the church that I think should be avoided.... ::crossing fingers you get out of it in the ward split:: if you stay in it, make sure you go to all the other ward activities to help meet people!

I miss seeing your face everyday. Can we get together soon???? I'll drive to come see you! And I'll even leave Preston at home since you spend waaaaay too much time with 18 month olds these days!!

Nick & Kristen said...

I love all your posts friend. You are so interesting to me! And by the way....maybe the wards being split is an answer to your prayers! :) I was in primary for 1 1/2 years and got out like 6 months ago...and FINALLY I am getting to know other gals ( other than the 8 year olds), in the ward! You will do GREAT in your job hunt too!!! You are the BEST!

mommy said...

Come on, some 18-month olds talk. :) Just think of it as good birth control for a few years.

I love you Lisa.