Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas and New Years

We have had a wonderful holiday season. We had a great Christmas. We spend Christmas eve with Barry's Fam. They have some fun traditions that I really enjoyed. The first one I liked was the "cookie" contest. Every one brings how ever many dozen of cookies they want and the kids judge and vote for the best. Well, little did I know that pretty much ANY treat is counted as a "cookie" in this contest. I showed up with traditional sugar cookies and everyone else showed up with homemade truffles and layered brownies and all this fancy stuff. One thing about Barry's family is they take this contest seriously!! I felt a little inadequate. wink. After everyone oooed and ahhhhed over the TABLE full of goodies we sat down to dinner. I made a big pan of (tiffanie inspired) green chili cream cheese enchiladas and cilantro lime rice. I was happy to take home empty pans! yummm. There was so much good food. Another lovely tradition is the Christmas book. Collette makes these great laminated programs with pictures of all the families, fav recipes, stories and songs that we sang. I also really loved the Christmas video. Every year Holly makes a fun video with all the cousins with still pics and music and editing stuff. Last was the cousin gift exchange. What a good night.

Barry and I spent our Christmas morning with each other. I was really excited to give Barry his gifts. Yup more excited than getting gifts. I knew he would love 'em and he did. It was fun to make him smile!!

A WONDERFUL New Years surprise was the announcement that my sister Kari is pregnant. She and her husband have been trying for some time now and we all have been praying for them. So it was special news to us. We were all sitting at the table eating pizza when I noticed Kari had wording on her shirt. I asked her what does your shirt say and then while that was coming out of my mouth I comprehend that it said Mommy!! and then I look over and Kirk's said Daddy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

So here are some pics of our holidays

We spent New Years with B&B Kirk and Kari, Tami & Ryne playing lots of fun games and good food.

CHRISTMAS DAY!!
This year we counted our quarters and were able to get Bret, Becki and the kids a trampoline. They were so excited!! Kingston loves to jump!!

3 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

Holler at your girl! JK. I'm glad credit was given. lol. Josh loves those enchilada babies too and I've made them a couple times since I've been here... I forgot the egg whites though!? Do you do that to yours, I was just wondering!? I'm pretty sure I told you that was one of my "secret" ingredients, not secret anymore! Oh and also I used chicken breasts this time which in the past I had always used canned chicken *since the recipe really is SOOO easy* but the fresh chicken breast, boiled and then shredded up by me was SO much better :) Just an IDEA!

Anyway, looks like you guys had lots of fun! I miss you and want to see you when I get home!

Ryan and Corie said...

Hey Lisa..that is super exciting news about Kari! Be sure and tell her congrats for me!

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

I bet you're already thinking of cookies for next year!! LOL Had alot of fun...we gotta get together sometime for dinner or something!!