Sunday, February 28, 2010

A little hot in the kitchen.


Well some of you may have heard but we had a little fire in my office building on Monday. It was probably around 10am or so when the owner of the building came running into our office and said that there was a fire in the ceiling and that we should get out of the building. I guess an office across from mine (which I insure) had a fan in her bathroom that had burnt out and ended up starting a fire in the crawl space of my building. The fire spread pretty quickly and I guess the fire department had to decide if it was safer to just let the whole building burn down or try to put it out. They had fire fighters on the roof spraying water down into the building and others inside poking holes into the ceiling to try to put it out.


So yeah, now I get to work from home for the next 6 months while they rebuild my office which Lisa is not too excited about. But she is excited about designing and decorating my new office when it gets done.

2 comments:

emily said...

Holy freakin crap batman...that is nuts. It seems you only just hear about stuff like this. That is scary. I hope you didn't loose anything valuable.

Shelley said...

Hey Barry!! Did you actually make this post?? We were sad to hear about your office, hope it all works out with everything?? Did you insure your own office??