Friday, February 12, 2010

What rhymes with knob?

SNOB, LOB, ROB, and.............. Lisa has a JOB!!!! yup. I do.


I looked near and far (in this case FAR) for a place that actually wanted to hire me on permanently for the past 6 mo's. I'd been up an down the streets submitting resume after resume. I have attended weird interview after crazy interview. I temped for random office after random office. For a long time a hoped to find a job "just around the corner" in Gilbert and that just wasn't happening. So off to Scottsdale I went to apply and out of 80+ resumes they liked mine. I had two working interviews and on the second they offered me the position. The office is called Market Street Dental. It is located in this really fancy market-like environment. The owner is Dr. Christine Kopsky This is her second pracitce. She has two associates, Dr. Jardine and Dr. Giancola. Dr. Kopsky has her office manager and hygienist -Cori (a girl) who is pretty much her liaison for administration and well everything. Cori has 20 years experience as a Dental Hygienist. This office has very high expectations and standards. I know I will learn a LOT working here, but right now it is really overwhelming. The office manager expects a lot from the employee's. It is has been challenging to have to suddenly know all their systems ( and they have a lot) and I get frustrated, but they have a lot of faith in me and are willing to teach me everything.

I really debated whether or not to take the job because of the drive. I hate rush hour!! I hate bumper to bumper traffic. At one point had made up my mind that I wasn't going to take it, but ultimately I knew I needed the experience and needed a permanent place. So, I am employed. HOOT HOOT

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Yeah for Lisa!! A JOB A REAL JOB! Now you will have money to spend on your projects and no time to work on them. That's life! You need to buy some good CD's that teach Spanish or church talks or something to listen to. I personally like books on CD! Time flies when you're traveling listening to them! Good luck and don't stress trying to learn everything at once, it will come!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Congrats!! The first couple weeks at a new job are always the hardest and then before you know it everything is a cinch! And I LOVE the bathroom redo below. The colors are beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!! You'll be great, I think that all new jobs just bite for the first few months :)

Jen said...

Yay!!! You did it!! Hang in there, my friend!! You will do great! I am with your mom on the CD's for the drive. It will make things so much more bearable. I am so proud of you, Lisa! I knew you would find something since you are amazing!

Kari said...

Hooray Sissy! Your first REAL job! It's nice to finally feel like all your schooling is paying off. They are lucky to have you- just remember that!

Josh and Megan said...

LIS! This is the best news! I am so happy for you! Man, we should have hooked up when you had no job...now you are a working woman and BUSY! LOVE YOU!

mommy said...

Hooray! Congrats - the office looks nice.