Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who ME??

So if you have not heard, Barry and I got released from our nursery calling (awhile ago). WHAT!!?? I know. It was actually a surprise to us. We had not even been in the calling a year and we were sure we were in for the long haul. But as surprised as we were to be released, I was more surprised at my new calling. Barry actually laughed out loud as Brother Tanner asked if I would serve.

Sister Keime--Cub Scout Wolf DEN LEADER!!! Heavenly Father has a sense of humor that for sure. I do not know the first thing about scouting or eight year old's. Behold my three Wolves:
River, Brent, and Vincente ("the e is silent")
Brother Lynn is an AWESOME scout Master. He is also River and Raven's Dad the two on his right.
Brother Lynn made this awesome water rocket shooter and we shot water rockets one Saturday morning for a summer time activity. They loved it.

Oh ps Barry's new calling is Sunday school teacher for the 15,16 year old's.

9 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

NO WAY!!! I am SO GLAD Barry laughed out loud... I hope a little of that laugh was for me too, I couldn't help to laugh if I were Barry too. I don't know, it just seems like the "scout moms" are usually ones that have boys in scouts so I'm sure its something you NEVER expected!! Crazy, but I am SURE the boys love you and that you will do good things for them :) Its good you weren't stuck in nursery forever too!!

Kari said...

Cool sis! That will be fun! Kirk's new calling is also the Sunday School teacher for the 15 and 16 year olds... we'll see if we totally copy each other and I get the den leader thing too:) Good luck with that- you will be super!

Unknown said...

Bro Lynn looks like Steve Nash...I'm just sayin'....

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Hey I was gonna say that! Brother Lynn TOTALLY looks like Steve Nash!

Tami said...

It looks like fun! I bet you are the best scout leader! You have never been afraid to get your hands dirty, I remember you saving me and kari and reed from a big mean goose, and taking care of stinky ostriches- both things that I'm sure prepared you somehow for this calling:)

Rylee said...

i was a primary teacher...then called to wolf den mother....3 months later i was called as PRIMARY PRESIDENT, you better watch out!

mommy said...

ok, i'm pretty sure scouts and nursery are the worst callings in the church. what did you do?

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

That was my calling when we lived in Maricopa! You will love it. I also have a scout shirt if you want it. Let me know. That's funny about Barry's calling. Rusten teaches the 12-13 year olds. He loves it! Hope all is going well!!

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

That was my calling when we lived in Maricopa! You will love it. I also have a scout shirt if you want it. Let me know. That's funny about Barry's calling. Rusten teaches the 12-13 year olds. He loves it! Hope all is going well!!