Friday, June 4, 2010

Florida super post

May 19th-24th Barry and I took a little vacation to Pensacola FL to visit my brother Mark, his wife Holly and their super adorable kiddos. We had so much FUN!! The morning we arrived Kaemon and Milea gave Barry and I pictures that they colored for us (ahh). Their condo was right on the beautiful white sand beaches, within walking distance. There was lots of unique places to eat (which we did a lot of) and cool sites to see. We loved getting a chance to spend time with Mark and Holly and play with the kids. Baby bubba Z is getting so big and is adorable as ever. I taught Milea that you can hear the ocean in sea shells. It was pretty cute watching her put the tiniest shells up to her ear and say "I hear it!!" Kaemon was excited to take Uncle Barry to Fast Eddies to ride the go-carts. BTW Fast Eddies had a killer game room which blew Dave & busters out of the water. They had old school games like ski ball and the hit the gofers one. I learned how to snorkel and that was a first time experience which I liked a lot. Barry almost got his toe pinched off by a crab OUCH! Mark and Barry snorkeled with a huge group of about 20 sting rays. We got to attend Kaemon and Mileas gymnastic meet which they ROCKED!! Thank you Mark and Holly for your hospitality!! Congratulations Mark on graduating flight school!!

The Beautiful Beach:






Milea got a little tuckered out. Convenient towel.





Flounders:
This was a real great place because it was right on the beach. Behind us in this pic was the ocean, sand was to the left of us. We ate a lot of shrimp.

and pie. Best Key lime pie I have ever had.





Barry looks so cute with a kid.
Fast Eddies:




Surf Burger:
THE WHO DAT burger.





Fort Pickens:




Gymnastic super stars:



more later... this took so long

7 comments:

Bret said...

Wow looks like so much fun- That burger was magnificent.

Josh and Megan said...

Looks like fun! However, I am sad...I have NEVER met your husband and you have NEVER met my baby. She'll be 2 in 6 weeks(the same say as Barrys b-day, remember?) So that means I haven't seen you in 2 years! SAD!

The Kennedy's said...

Im jealous i want to go on a vacation!! Looks like you both had a blast and im sure it was hard to come home.

Shelley said...

Lisa, thanks for posting pictures of where Mark & Holly live, we really have never seen any, whats with that Mark?? It looks beautiful there, which we already knew, but seeing pictures is great! How fun you could go before they moved!

Kari said...

Darn, I'm jealous... mostly because you got to see Mark, Holly and the kids. The whole beach thing would be pretty sweet right now too though! Now you got to come visit us in DC!

mommy said...

how fun! that key lime pie is making my mouth water...

Tami said...

I can;t believe those hamburgers, well mostly I can;t believe they actually finished them!

I"m glad you guys got to go see them! Did you see any oil in the water?

That pie looks good, but I doubt it could beat the perfect key lime pie you make! I have been craving yours since I saw this post.