Sunday, August 7, 2011

Count 'em up.....yup its 30!!

The husband had his birthday on July 21st and it was a BIG ONE! He shares his birthday with my beautiful Nanna. She turned 84!

So, I get a little anxious when it comes to planning. I didn't know what to do for him. The pressure was on to do something great for his 30th! When in all reality Barry would have been just as grateful for a very low key day (one reason he is amazing) I just couldn't settle for that. But, I  have found it is hard to plan well, anything with family in town and working full time. I had all these plans of grandeur in my mind and no time to carry them out. On his birthday we did make it out to dinner, where he was adamant about NO ONE SINGING to him, and them to a movie. He did get pretty spoiled this year and was excited about his new in-dash navigation/blue tooth/ipod/ backup camera fancy thing for his truck. He is so sweet I hope he had a good day.

 The day after his birthday, Friday,  I surprised him with a night out with all his buddies at a Mexican restaurant we like called El Ricos. We had a good time. He did get sung to in front of the whole restaurant I think he needed the attention on just him for a min.  He requested a German chocolate cake so that's what he got.


My sugar bear is such a wonderful man. He is the kindest, most patient and forgiving person I know. He is a loyal friend, and a hard worker. He is always making me laugh. He does so much for others without thought of himself. Happy Birthday my love!

No comments: