Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Birfday

I celebrated yet another birthday Aug 3rd. It was a good one. I took the day off of work and spent the morning doing random acts of kindness. I made a few dozen cookies and gave them to random people. For example the construction workers along the side of the road, the reception staff at the hospital and the Gilbert police station. I loved the confusion on peoples face as they figured out I was just trying to do something nice. One old guy asked "how much?" The hospital staff's reaction was great. They really thought I was kidding. One guy said sarcastically as I walked up "oh look she brought us cookies" and I energetically responded Yes, yes I did actually" he looked at me astonished "Oh, which room did you need to go to," No, really they are for you all",  then he smiled so big and they all OHHH'ed and AHH'ed. I felt happy. I couldn't stop smiling all morning. The other RAOK I did was made cute cards with a nice uplifting poem inside and put them on random cars in parking lots/neighborhoods. I didn't get too inventive this year but was happy with that for the first go around. I want to try to do more next time and throughout the year. It feels good to make people smile!



Barry spoiled me as always. He never disappoints with his gift giving. I had been wanting an imac for a while.... and and imac I got! I was/AM so excited about it and to top it off he matched it with a new very comfy desk chair (I had been using and old metal folding chair at my desk for 2 yrs). I love 'em!! He also took me out to dinner at the Melting Pot. We both had never been before. I was a fun different experience. We liked it. It poured down rain while we were eating. We could hear it from way inside the restaurant.  I am so blessed and grateful to my husband for his thoughtful nice gifts. THANKS BABE!! I loved hearing from friends and family and feeling so loved and that people are glad I was born!!
Barry had he sweet assistant Amy do this wrapping for him so it would be all cute! : )
Yumm Chocolate peanut butter fondue! delish!

No comments: