Sunday, October 23, 2011

Have a heart!

Last week I got a phone call from my Mom about my Pompa. She told me he was in hospital with what they called an aneurism that was close to his aorta the size of a small grapefruit!!! AHHHH!! He had surgery to make the needed repairs to strengthen the artery. He is such a trooper and made it through the operation well! 4 years ago he had a quadruple bypass where he was pretty down and out for awhile so I am grateful for every single day I get to spend with my sweet grandfather. He is dear to my heart! I am grateful for his story! His life is full of the highs and lows and he always has a story to tell.  Pomp has the biggest heart! He gives and gives. He values his family and wants nothing but their happiness. If there were ever anyone who has a heart it is Don E. Dawes!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Yep,all true! We need to spend all the time we can with them! They are pretty special people and won't be around forever, well we can only hope they will!