Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My new chocolate fix

So with my new no processed sugar, no processed flour diet I have been discovering new and creative ways to cook without processed sugar. In the past when I made a bowl of oatmeal I wouldn't think twice about adding a few spoonfuls  of brown sugar and butter etc. Well, now my oatmeal is my version of a no-bake cookie with no processed sugar or butter.

2/3 C whole old fashion oats,
pinch of salt,
2 tsp  or more if you want it more chocolaty unsweetened cocoa, 
water (how ever runny/thick you like it)
drop of vanilla,
and my new discovery 1 tsp more or less Agave nector
mix and microwave or cook for severl mins

after cooking, top with 2 tsp organic peanut butter (no sugar added) and ENJOY. yumm it is really good! If you are used to super sweet oatmeal it might taste a tinsey bit bland until you get used to way less sugar. Delicious and nutritious. To make it a 100% balanced snack have a 1/4 of cup of cottage cheese for your protein.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Chocolate sounds good!!