Sunday, September 20, 2009

3rd time's a... CHARM

color try #2 BEFORE
BEFORE- Original

So this post is for those far away that haven't had a chance to come see our house yet. There has been major changes to this house. I found hidden potential in this beyond bachelor pad!! It is becoming our HOME SWEET HOME! It started with nasty 7 boy roommate white carpet, plain tan walls, an old table old couches... you get the idea
Carpet (take note of the HOLE in the wall!!) boy roommates are so rough!!
Color try #1. I liked the green but it was just way to dark for the space it was in.

AFTER!!!!!___________________________________________________________________________________________
.NOW We (I) love it. Yellow is such a happy color!! The walls are bright and cheery!! It just took a lot of work (this is my 3rd time painting because I'm a little indecisive). We still have tile to lay in the kitchen and bathrooms. Also where the fan is in the picture is going to be a chandelier and the fan is moving across the way to the living room.

I'm still deciding on what do do for window treatments If you have ideas (colors, style ect.)SHOOT...



We love our vintage table!! It just has so much character. I was online for months looking at tables and all the new stuff just started to look the same to me. I just kept coming back to this old white treasure and just decided I had to have it. I like how it stands out against our wood floors.

10 comments:

emily said...

LISA!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! So you! Its totally different. Good job. Well done miss. Excellente.

Rylee said...

you've done a great job i'm so impressed! yellow is a HAPPY COLOR! i still have my note from 7th grade that you gave me when you said "yellow is a happy color" when i read that i died laughing, good times...

Josh and Megan said...

Love it all...even the table...yellow is way better than that green! Who needs a job when you paint all day...Barry should be paying you! ha ha It looks great, you are so talented!

Jenifer said...

Loving the yellow! It makes me smile! Great job!

Cory♥Jessica said...

Um WOW!! I love it!! That is awesome!! I love the colors!! I want to come over and see it!

Tiffanie White said...

WOW Lisa... You completely changed it since I was there last. I LOVE the yellow. I didn't think you'd change the color again, but it looks GREAT! Good choice! You sure have patience with yourself to paint that much! I want to come see the finished project in person, maybe Jaxon and I will come visit to stay busy after Josh goes back! Love ya!

Jen said...

See, I TOLD YOU that anyone who has TASTE would LOVE your decorating!!! Don't you ever listen to silly people every again! I love you, miss Lisa! I want to come and visit you! Derald and Barry can watch sports while we decide on your next decorating adventure...
xoxox!

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT!!! You are so Genious! It looks ten thousand times better!!!

Lindsey said...

I love it. Seriously, it doesn't even look like the same place. Wood floors and paint will do amazing things.

Whitings said...

I love it!!!